Selkirk Conservation Alliance
50 Main Street Priest River, Idaho
Selkirk Conservation Alliance (SCA) is one of Idaho’s oldest non-profit environmental organizations and is one of the Inland Pacific Northwest’s leading grassroots conservation organizations. SCA’s mission is to “Engage the public in southern Selkirk resource and land management issues through cooperation, scientific inquiry, education and economic diversity” SCA has long been an advocate for and defender of North Idaho’s natural resources with specific focuses on Land Use, Climate Change, Water, Wildlife and Forestry issues.
JOB SUMMARY, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
The Office Administrator plays a critical role in the proper and efficient functioning of SCA both in the short and long term and is responsible for the day-to-day activities within the office. Ideal applicants will have a desire to learn and ability to successfully communicate (including writing, public speaking and inter-personal) and educate others about the programs and mission of SCA. Candidates should be interested in environmental protection and have some knowledge of environmental issues that affect us locally and globally. Individual should have previous (3-5 years) office administration experience and be familiar with office software (e.g. MS Word, Excel, Power-Point, etc.), QuickBooks, be highly organized, be able to multi-task, deadline oriented, self-driven, punctual, enthusiastic and highly dependable. Individual should be willing to work some weekends and evenings when necessary. The Office Administrator reports to and takes direction from the SCA Executive Director. This position starts at $16/hour, is part-time (15-25hours) and based in Priest River Idaho.
• Work collaboratively with SCA staff & volunteers
• Interact with the public on behalf of SCA, including membership outreach and upkeep activities
• Enter data and maintain internal organization database(s) (members, donors, volunteers, events, programs, others)
• Project budget tracking
• Assist with the development of event and program promotional materials
• Maintain SCA’s social media presence on the SCA website, SCA Facebook page & Instagram accounts
• Outreach to and assist with the coordination of volunteers
• Prepare bank deposits, monthly expense reports, QuickBooks entry and bill paying under the supervision of the Executive Director and organization auditor
• Note taking at SCA meetings
• Review, report on and appropriately direct incoming SCA emails and calls
• Assist with planning, organizing and implementing of SCA events
• Maintain a physical filing system for all SCA programs, events, fund raisers, and other activities
• Order, purchase and upkeep of office supplies and equipment
• Answer phone calls
• Upkeep office including; vacuuming, emptying of recycling and trash, window cleaning, other
• Other duties as assigned and reasonable under position title
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 12th 2021
The SCA does not discriminate against any person in the provision of services or facilities because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, familial status, or national origin, or other legally protected characteristic. The term “familial status” means the status of parental or guardianship relationships or pregnancy.